Multiply your generosity
through a matching challenge posed by a few Jacob's Well supporters! It's an important part of our annual income. This year, there are two components of the giving challenge, and we hope you will consider participating in both:
1) Raise $25,000 of community gifts (above and beyond regular giving) to unlock a $25,000 match AND
2) Increase our Monthly Recurring Automated Giving by $2,500 or more. One of our JW supporters has directed their match challenge this year toward this goal with a commitment of $1000/month to get us off to a great start!
Our first goal is similar to the challenge we have faced (and met!) each of the last few years. Nothing matches the thrill of coming together as a community to raise a significant amount in a single month, and we are excited to do so again this year! However, we reduced the size of the challenge from $80,000 last year to $50,000 this year in order to make room for our second focus: increasing regular, recurring giving.
Our second goal is designed to help make Jacob’s Well’s income more stable and predictable, and to work towards a more balanced and sustainable budget. With this goal we hope to increase automated giving from its current level of $13,000 per month to $15,500 per month to start with, and eventually to $18,000 per month (or more!). An increase in monthly giving can happen through 1) new folks initiating monthly giving and 2) those who already give monthly increasing their monthly gift. By leveling giving across the year, we can all budget more easily and focus instead on our life changing work of being church together. You can learn more about the benefits of recurring giving here.
If you’re ready to commit to one or both of the challenge goals, you can let us know here or fill out the form you’ll find in your Sunday Paper each Sunday in March. You can learn more about how to give, including how to set up automated recurring giving, here (or read below). If you have any questions about the process, let Katy know.
Thank you for being Jacob’s Well!
There are several ways to provide a contribution to this campaign:
- Cash or checks made out to Jacob’s Well at our gatherings each Sunday.
- Set up a contribution through your bank. Often a free service from banks, this can be done for one-time gifts such as for the Challenge, or for ongoing monthly giving. You will need our address and phone number to set up Bill Pay through your bank’s website: Jacob’s Well, 3751 17thAvenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55407, 612-822-0300.
- Transfer Stock: Giving stock carries a double advantage- it could count as both a charitable donation and can also avoid capital gains taxes on growth in the stock. Learn more and find the Stock Transfer Form here.
Other online giving options are also available:
- Give one-time match donations online through Square. Jacob’s Well has set up a page to accept online donations through the Square platform, and will also have this available at Sunday services in March. Find this at mkt.com/jacobs-well-7.
- Donate online through GiveMN. You may remember this platform from other donations or past challenge campaigns. GiveMN collects a 6.9% processing fee from each donation, so to maximize your contribution you may wish to explore other options first.